- An almost colourless, mobile liquid of strong, fresh, woody-herbaceous, somewhat minty-forest like odour. The high fresh notes vanish quickly, leaving a clean woody-balsamic body note, toning out to a dry, herbaceous tenacious bitter-sweet note.
- MIDDLE NOTE
- Odour effects: Stimulating.
Because of the highly stimulating action, it is not suitable for epilepsy or high blood pressure. Avoid during pregnancy. May antidote homeopathic remedies.
- Main chemical constituents:
Bornyl acetate, fenchyl acetate – 2%
Camphor, carvone, thujone, octonone – 25%
Caryophyllene, humulene – 4%
1-8 Cineole, caryophyllene oxide – 30%
Alpha-Pinene, Beta-Pinene, camphene, myrcene, limonene, p-cymene – 30%
Terpineol, linalool, borneol, terpinen-4-ol – 3%
- Properties and indications:
Enlivens brain cells, clears the head and aids memory. Good for general dullness. Strengthens the mind where there is weakness and exhaustion.
Revives the senses, and could play a part in restoring impediments of speech, hearing and sight. Clears migraines, particularly when connected to gastric problems. May be useful for vertigo. Helps to tone temporarily paralyzed limbs. Helps to ease gout, rheumatic pains, and tired, overworked muscles. A valuable heart and cardiac stimulant, normalizing low blood pressure. Could benefit anemia. Tonic for the lungs and could help with asthma, bronchitis, and influenza. Acts as a liver decongestant and may help to relieve hepatitis and cirrhosis as well as gallstones, jaundice or bile duct blockages. A boosting action on the digestion could ease colitis, dyspepsia, flatulence and stomach pains. Combats scanty periods. Diuretic properties could be useful with cellulite and obesity.
An astringent – helpful for sagging skin. May ease congestion, puffiness and swelling as well. Benefits scalp disorders and could alleviate dandruff and encourage hair growth.
- Other uses:
Used in soaps, detergents, cosmetics, household sprays and perfumes. Extensively employed in meat products, alcoholic and soft drinks. A source of natural anti-oxidants.
- Blends well with: Tea Tree & Eucalyptus Essential Oil, especially in an Immune Boosting bath during Winter.